Sunday, July 04, 2004

Freedom - at a price

Actually, it's a little melodramatic to write that I am now enjoying my second day of freedom. After all, I was only banged up in the slammer for nine hours, and then not fully processed. I spent the time in a waiting room and didn't even have to change into prison clothing.

But what was amazing was the reaction.

At one time on the Saturday morning, I had a reporter from the Sunday Telegraph in the living room, with her photographer. I had a camera crew and reporter from Yorkshire Television in my dining room, and a reporter from the New of the World upstairs in my office, writing up her copy on my computer. I had a radio reporter at the front door and I was on the phone to the reporter from the local paper - who put the story on the front page.

The News of the World, however, had too many celebs bonking the wrong people to make room for my story.

And they all wanted to make me out a "Council Tax Martyr", which I wasn't. I've better things to do with my time, and better ways of making a point than kicking my heels in prison.

I've written my story, but the Daily Mail has first refusal, so I can't post it until tommorrow. I'll put it on this Blog sometime after midnight.

In the meantime, I've been told I may be on Littlejohn, on Sky News tomorrow, which should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home