Wednesday, July 14, 2004

At your service

Off the web...

At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service"... the act of doing things for other people.

Then I heard the terms Internal Revenue Service, Postal Service, Civil Service, Court Service, Prison Service, and even Service Stations... and I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.

Then one day, I overheard two farmers talking and one of them
mentioned that he was having his cows serviced by a bull. SHAZAM!! It all came into perspective. Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are doing to us! And I'll tell you one thing, the cows enjoy it far more than I do.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know why so many people work in the business support servive industry.
There is always much talk of 'delivery'; indeed !

Peter Troy
Sedgfield

 

Post a Comment

<< Home